Trade Compliance Administrator
JWR Employment Specialists are delighted to be working with a growing international manufacturing company located in Castlebar to recruit an experienced Trade Compliance Administrator.
The Trade Compliance Coordinator will support the trade compliance activities within the organization. The successful candidate will play an active role in the preparation of processes and procedures, generating relevant reports for management on key compliance metrics and coordinating training sessions within the organisation.
The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and is highly organised and prepared to work in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will also demonstrate a high level of professionalism and the ability to embrace and promote the cultural values and behaviours of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Support with the completion of internal audits to ensure compliance with procedures.
- Generate reports for management on a recurring basis on key compliance metrics.
- Maintains Trade Compliance training programs and compliance record keeping processes.
- Support with operational import / export activities such as tariff classifications, origin determination, export licence determination, etc.
- Coordinates the compliance training program roll-out to site staff.
- Supports with denied party screening activities and ensuring that the relevant documentation is retained in accordance with the document retention procedure.
- Monitors updates and developments in customs and trade laws and communicates relevant updates to the Trade Compliance team.
- Supports the Trade Compliance team in responding to Trade Compliance queries received from departments within the organisation.
- Perform other related operational tasks as needed.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully function in this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical and life sciences sectors are strongly desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
- Strong attention to detail, good organisational skills and the ability to prioritize with changing situations.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) programs.
- Be a strong team member with the ability to identify and drive efficiency improvements.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions