JWR Employment Specialists are delighted to be recruiting a Quantity Surveyor. This role will be based in Co. Mayo or Co. Dublin.
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Location: Mayo Office or Dublin Office
Duties and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Project cost and programme forecasts.
- Measurement from drawings of the Mechanical components.
- Preparation of project budgets and cost plans for agreement at project start meetings.
- Hold job start meetings with Project Manager & Sub-contractors to ensure that the briefs are fully understood.
- Providing advice on contractual claims.
- Managing sub-contractors accounts and certifying payment (in agreement with PM).
- Compile and submit variations and apply for Change Order Requests.
- Compile & submit Monthly Progress Claims and Final accounts (in agreement with PM).
- Compile and submit Delay Notices.
- Follow up on the approval of Monthly Claims and Final Accounts.
- Compile and submit weekly Progress & Monthly Cost Reports to the Regional Director.
- Continual review of contracts to ensure compliance Construction Contracts.
- Putting in place the necessary payment processes to ensure compliance with the Act 2013.
- Assist Estimating Manager with pricing of works from time to time.
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders.
- Performing risk and value management and cost control advising on procurement strategy.
- Agree final accounts.
- Prepare & present commercial project reports for monthly internal commercial meetings.
- Track actual costs against budgeted costs.
- Keep WIP log updated.
- Ensure all commercial information is stored on the network commercial file as per company structure
- Site visits to review projects with project team and monitor progress.
- Comply with QEHS Management System requirements i.e. perform your work according to your process documents, procedures and maintaining document information/completing forms/records as required.
- Understand and apply with our QEHS policies statement in all aspects of your work.
- Contribute towards achieving company objectives that are of relevance to your work.