JWR Employment Specialists are recruiting an energetic and enthusiastic Engineering Manager to join our client’s Medical facility in Galway.
Our client’s medical facility designs, engineers and manufactures complex devices and components with applications in wound healing, surgical and minimally invasive, fluid management, pulmonology and interventional and structural heart. Their pioneering Advanced Polymers team was the first to manufacture and supply medical balloons to the medical device industry. They work with doctors, start-ups and large medical companies around the world at any point in the product lifecycle, from concept to launch and beyond.
The Galway facility focuses on balloons and catheters.
- Understand current processes and technology, taking a hands-on approach to understanding how these can be improved to deliver production, technical, financial and quality requirements across all production departments.
- Project manage the introduction of new technology to meet business objectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Primary degree in Engineering;
- The Engineering Manager must have a minimum of 5 years People Management, preferably with six sigma process experience of fostering a culture of pro-activity and problem resolution.
- Minimum of 8 years medical device manufacturing / R&D related experience including at least 3 years in an engineering department.
- A strong understanding of Balloon Catheters and delivery systems is essential.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Understanding of the revenue generating aspects of small business and the cost implications of providing engineering solutions, in a timely manner;
- Practical level-headed individual, who is prepared to actively participate as a member of the management team;
- Energetic and driven self-starter, with good communication and influencing skills and the ability to effectively and simultaneously manage a wide range of diverse activities.
- Once a quarter to US to discuss product transfers and future transfers.