Customer Service Representative
JWR Employment Specialists are delighted to be working with a growing international manufacturing company located in Castlebar to recruit a Customer Service Representative.
This position will be responsible for providing customer service support to European customers as part of the operations in our clients’ manufacturing facility located in Castlebar, Ireland. The Castlebar facility produces Single-Use Process Solutions (SUPS) that are used by biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical customers in the manufacture of cutting edge and lifesaving medicines.
The Customer Service Representative will need to work closely with manufacturing operations to handle order processing matters, deal with general inquiries from European customers, and provide support as required to Supply Chain Operations and other relevant departments within the organisation. While our clients’ operations will ramp at a relatively slow rate to ensure smart sustainable growth, they anticipate their headcount to scale to roughly 150 in roughly five years. As such, this position will be supporting a facility with significant growth plans.
Not everyone is cut out for a role within their organization, but when a good fit is found – jointly – between an applicant and our client, it is a long-lasting relationship. Their employee retention rate is incredibly high as those who fit with their culture find it a wonderful place to work, grow and thrive.
THE FIRST YEAR:
The first 12 months of this position have been outlined in the following sections to clarify direction and intention of this role:
FIRST 6 MONTHS:
During this period, depending on Covid-19 restrictions, the Customer Service Representative will likely travel to our client’s customer service hub in Germany to meet with the team and gain an in depth understanding of their processes.
- Get to know the company culture.
- Become familiar with products and customer base.
- Develop working knowledge of SUPS and componentry.
- Learn to interface with MVP, D365, extranet, and SharePoint.
- Support the departments at the Castlebar facility with tasks required to ensure the efficient processing of documentation.
- Work closely with all departments involved in the manufacturing operations to ensure that customer orders meet their estimated delivery dates. This includes the participation in daily meetings with key departments such as Production, Quality and Supply Chain.
- Deal with queries that arise from customers that are served by the Castlebar facility.
6 – 12 MONTHS:
- Manage the Request & Estimated Delivery dates for all Sales Orders. They are crucial to track Delivery KPI’s and metrics. The Production systems also use the dates to prioritise within the Production Plan.
- Continue to manage queries that arise from customers that are served by the Castlebar facility and deal with customer calls.
- Become familiar with supply chain processes and become proficient with lead-time analysis.
- Start communicating directly with sales team Key Account Managers regarding Planning inquiries.
- Work with Key Account Managers to determine customer delivery dates and set expectations.
- Support the Castlebar team in meeting site KPIs, such as Delivery on Time, Order in Full, Order Entry.
- Manage product return matters from customers and work closely with the relevant departments to ensure that the appropriate corrective actions are taken and communicated to the customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These include the following, others may be assigned.
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SITE SUPPORT:
- Create and manage Sales Orders received on the ERP system Dynamics 365
- Communicate Sales Order Confirmations to the Customer
- Initiate Purchase Order Requisitions when required
- Prepare Invoices and issue to the Customer
- Receive and investigate all customer queries to a high professional standard
- Release Production Orders & work closely with the Production & Warehouse team on all changes/updates.
- Manage delivery dates to ensure priority of all Sales Orders to Production, Warehouse and Logistics.
- Review and maintain Customer Open Orders on a daily basis.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
This company has been serving the critical needs of their client base since 1984. They have pioneered filtration technologies for the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical marketplace and have been instrumental in developing the standards which govern sterile filtration today. In the early 2000s, they expanded theirproduct offering into the emerging single-use systems market by building their capacity from the ground up. Today, single-use systems, which are used in the manufacture of cutting edge and lifesaving medicines, are the fastest growing part of the business, and these are the products manufactured at the facility.
They are the largest privately held filter and single-use systems manufacturer in the world, and the fastest growing company in both of these market segments. They are fiercely independent as this best serves the needs of theircustomers. They relish the competitive advantages being a privately held company provides, including the ability to move quicker and execute without the need to answer to public shareholders.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully function in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a third level qualification in Business or other related degree from an accredited third level institution.
- The successful candidate must have experience in working in a similar type role in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in working in a start-up environment will be a distinct advantage.
- The successful candidate must also possess the following skills and attributes:
- Working knowledge of ERP systems. Dynamics 365 would be a distinct advantage
- Willingness to seek opportunities to better the Customer experience
- Action orientated
- Ability to quickly adapt to change
- Good organisation skills
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
Must have strong written and verbal communication skills in the English Language, be able to write correspondence and effective present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees of the organization. A European Language is very beneficial.
Strong computer skills are critical to this role. Must be comfortable with MS Office Suite, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio. Experience with using an ERP system is essential, Dynamics 365 would be a distinct advantage.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. Employee must be able to sit at a desk to perform keyboard entry, telephone functions, and must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
As smokers continue to shed thousands of smoke particles even hours after smoking a cigarette and these particles will damage their products, only non-smokers are permitted to work in the facility.