Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Our client is looking for a manufacturing engineer to support development of a pilot production line for next-generation thermally managed lithium-ion battery packs for automotive, industrial, marine, defence and aerospace applications. The expectation is not that you arrive on day 1 with this capability, but that you have the aptitude and desire to learn all aspects of automation.
- Responsible for the implementation, supervision and further expansion of a pilot battery module production line
- Responsible for production planning, documentation and automotive certification processes
- Collaborate with the design and test engineering groups to ensure DFM compliance.
- Analyze operating procedures and functions of equipment and machinery to reduce time and cost of assembly manufacturing processes
- Work closely with the Manufacturing Engineering teams during the commissioning and ramp of new equipment to learn the system and pinpoint any potential engineering design oversight.
- Program ladder logic and structured text on multiple PLC controller platforms
- Program and teach robots. Sequence complex, multi-station machinery for material pick-and-place, dispense, fastening, welding and conveyance applications
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar.
- 5-years of hands-on mechanical and electrical experience in a production environment.
- Experience with OEM & Tier 1 certification process is a significant plus.
- Comfortable with electrical and pneumatic schematics.
- Experience with SolidWorks or other 3D CAD software.
- Understanding of automation systems, mechanical engineering, robotics, PLCs, data collection systems.
- Knowledgeable about dispensing equipment is a plus.
- Experience with drilling, tapping, and utilizing basic shop tools.
- CNC experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of data analysis, statistics, SPC.
- Experience in Quality Systems a plus: PPAP/APQP processes.
- Experience with ISO9001 and IATF16949 is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and inspection.
- Able to maintain organization and focus in a highly dynamic environment.
- Excellent communicator, both in presentations and written reports.
- Ability to communicate and direct supplier activities at the management level.
- Ability to define and execute a project using project management techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively achieve results with multiple vendors.
- Strong hands-on experience with pilot manufacturing.
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Casual dress
- Wellness programmes
- Private medical/dental insurance
- Work from home opportunities
- Life insurance