Extrusion Machine Operative – Medical Device
JWR has partnered with a global leader Medical Device Industry based in Roscommon. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated Extrusion Technician to join a rapidly expanding market leading multi-national based in Roscommon, 25 mins from Sligo Town.
- Working with the Technical Supervisor deliver on a production schedule which effectively achieves output targets and delivery dates.
- Deliver on key performance metrics for the extrusion department.
- Ensure that products manufactured meet the specifications, performance & quality criteria of end users, customers, regulatory authorities and the company.
- Maintain effective communication with the Technical Supervisors and the Manufacturing Manager in order to promote awareness of and conform to customer requirements and safety.
- Support and provide technical input on new products/technologies and customer trials to meet scheduled delivery dates, through direct communication at shift handover meetings/project meetings.
- Attain technical expertise in extrusion technologies and materials.
- Work with the Technical Supervisors in implementing training programmes in the extrusion department.
- Actively lead and participate in work centre improvement groups and project teams to improve quality, reduce costs, eliminate waste and improve working methods, conditions, technology and communications. Utilise the lean manufacturing tools.
- Support the extrusion manager/project leader on new technology/ tooling/ materials required to meet production and sales objectives.
- Maintain work areas, equipment and supplies in a manner which conforms to the requirements of the quality system, particularly housekeeping, GMP and safety.
- Ensure all aspects of work order packages are completed in a timely and accurate manner as per the companies’ quality system to meet shipment dates.
- Complete equipment and process validation activities as per quality system requirements.
- Ensure timesheets are completed accurately on a daily basis.
- A relevant third level degree and/or on the job experience would be an advantage.
- Medical device or manufacturing experience is essential.
- Hands on experience in extrusion and plastics material knowledge are preferable.
- S/he needs strong communication and influencing skills.
- Have the ability to effectively manage a simultaneous range of diverse activities.
- Be a self-starter with good motivational and inter-personal skills.
- A Practical level-headed individual with strong technical ability.